WHAT: Verizon will bring together business leaders, activists, policy experts and thought leaders for the first-ever Citizen Verizon Assembly, which will focus on creating responsible and just business practices, cultivating an inclusive future in education, and upskilling our workforce to ensure everyone can prosper on Tuesday, July 28 at 5pm EST on Yahoo Finance and @Verizon on Twitter.
The hour-long virtual event will include keynotes and discussions with leaders from around the globe, including former presidential candidate Andrew Yang, Grown-ish actress and activist Yara Shahidi, and Ben & Jerry’s CEO Matthew McCarthy, among others.
This is the first in a series of Citizen Verizon Assemblies that will spotlight the importance of corporate qualitydachshundpuppies.com responsibility in helping to drive social, economic and environmental advancement.
WHO: The inaugural Citizen Verizon Assembly will allow the public to hear from global leaders, activists, television personalities and leaders of iconic brands. Events include:
A discussion moderated by Karamo Brown on building a future that’s inclusive, including:
- Geoff Canada, educator and activist pioneering school reform;
- Yara Shahidi, actress and STEM advocate;
- and Meredith Walker, Co-Founder and Executive Director of Amy Poehler’s Smart Girls
A CEO panel on businesses taking a responsibility for pressing social issues will include:
- Hans Vestberg, CEO, Verizon;
- Matthew McCarthy, CEO of Ben & Jerry’s;
- David Heath, Co-Founder and CEO of Bombas;
- Mindy Grossman, CEO of Weight Watchers;
- Enrique Lores, CEO of HP;
- and moderated by Jen Rogers of Yahoo Finance
Andrew Yang, author and entrepreneur, will deliver closing remarks.
WHEN: Tuesday, July 28 at 5pm ET
WHERE TO WATCH: LIVE on Yahoo Finance, @Verizon on Twitter, Yahoo Home, Yahoo Finance FiOS channel 604, Yahoo Finance Roku Channel and Yahoo Finance SamsungTV+ channel.